Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: BENQ LCD monitor not sharp  (Read 754 times)

Offline jg

BENQ LCD monitor not sharp
« on: March 04, 2004, 16:58 »
Dear all,

I have a BENQ 17" LCD monitor (Type: FP731). Unfortunately I cannot get the display sharp. I have tried playing with both the Windows settings and the menu on the monitor. Nothing helps. If I put it on 800*600 it looks even worse than on 1280*1024.

Do you have any suggestions that can spare my eyes and my head or having to throw away a brand new monitor?

Thanks,

JG

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:BENQ LCD monitor not sharp
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 17:16 »
I would think that 1280 x 1024 would be the lowest setting that would be useable on a 17 inch TFT, can you try it at a higher resolution ?
The only other thing would be to try the latest drivers for your graphics card  ???

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 18:41 »
What graphics card do you have JG?   My cousin has an ATI Radeon (but I can't remember which one - I think it's the 9200), and some text has a noticable 'ghost' effect.  I think she has got used to it now, but it's not as I would personally like it.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 20:39 »
I think the default setting is supposed to be the best with TFT monitors. Would have thought 1024x768 was the best setting for a 17" TFT monitor.

I personally prefer good quality, Triniton/Diamondtron tubed CRT monitors to the LCD variaty. OK I love the space saving and the looks of TFT's, but they still cannot match the clarity of a good CRT monitor.
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Adept

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 20:42 »
Most LCD panels have a fixed resolution and optimal refresh rate.

You need to look in the manual to find out what these are. If I had to guess I would say that 1200x1024 @ 60KHz is probably the settings you need.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum