Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: S3 Pro Savage DDR In-built graphics card  (Read 839 times)

Offline Valleyscarlet

S3 Pro Savage DDR In-built graphics card
« on: March 08, 2004, 02:49 »
I made a grave mistake in buying a Time XP2100+ last year and found that they have given me a rather odd graphics card a S3 Pro Savage DDR which if it worked would not be a problem. The long and short of it is that the system is not registering that the graphics card is connected, thus the system is reverting to the bog standard graphics display meaning I can't get any of my games to play. I, my brother, my friends have all tried to get a new driver for this card and each time we think we have it the windows install shield will get up to 99% and then crash back to desktop. This is now getting not just annoying but has made me think about buying a new graphics card but upon checking I can only use PCI cards as there is no AGP slot. Can anyone think of a driver or way to get the system to pick up my Pro savage or shall I concede defeat and buy the GF FX5200 PCI card?? In short HELP?????
.Thomas

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:S3 Pro Savage DDR In-built graphics card
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 03:05 »
Hi Valleyscarlet :welcome:

Have you had a look at this page, it appears that a lot of people must be having a similar problem to you and this guy appears to have got drivers and info on how to sort it  :)

http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html

Offline Valleyscarlet

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 23:13 »
thanks for that Sandra :)
.Thomas

Offline ketamininja

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 16:57 »
however, I would always suggest an AGP card if you want to do games.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum