Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: How to re-direct email if old address no longer exists?  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Ian

Until recently I used a spam-stopping email verification system and webmail provided by Cognigen. (Cognigen Mail)

However, they seem to have disappeared and all emails sent to my Cog address disappear into cyberspace.

Is there a way I can re-direct mail being sent to that now-defunct addy to a current, more reliable one?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:How to re-direct email if old address no longer exists?
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 19:57 »
Cant see how Ian, but maybe someone knows  ???

Presumably the server that the mail was going to is no longer on line to forward them to you as the original recipient so they wont be able to redirect either  :(

The only way I can think of is if you could buy the domain name of your original e mail address, if available but I am not sure how you would set that up really  :(

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 20:07 »
Hi,

If the original email address servers have dissapeared - theres not much you can do. :-\

If it was set up under a domain that you have control over, you could redirect the mail to another address.

Best advice is to get a new email address and let everyone that emails you (your contact list) know of your new address.

Even better buy yourself a domain name so you have complete control over your email address.

DJ

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2004, 20:10 »
Just a follow up.... is THIS the email providers? Looks like there site is up and running, has the email just dissapeared due to non use for a period of time?

DJ

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2004, 20:16 »
By the way Ian, I had to contact the anti spam people that you are now using and ask them to stop spamming me as I got more spam off them for two days after I replied to the mail from them to "validate" my address than I had done in total for the previous weeek from other sources ::)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum