Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: cd-rw trouble!!  (Read 799 times)

Offline Jaminxz

cd-rw trouble!!
« on: April 18, 2004, 21:39 »
i've been trying to rip some data files onto cd using instant cd+dvd software, i think it's pinicle software.

when i tried this i got an error saying something like 'hardware error spindle servo failure.

after this i tried just right clicking on the data and doing send to cdrw. after i burned the cd my drive would not recognize it.

Do you think it's a problem with my drive of with the disks i'm using?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:cd-rw trouble!!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2004, 21:45 »
With that sort of error message, it would seem to me that the drive is malfunctioning, or, in technical terms...  knackered!

From Google:

Spindle Failure (HARDWARE ERROR)   
"The spindle servo was not locked with the reference signal and the medium was not rotated correctly."

Of course, I could be totally wrong, so wait for a techie to come along!   ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Adept

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2004, 21:56 »
Have a look at this page Jam.

Possible solution third post from the bottom of the thread :)

Offline Jaminxz

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 21:42 »
cheers guys, after reading that link i grabbed a cd-r disk from my mate (different branded one) and it worked ok, i'm getting some more disks and then i'll be able to find out for sure.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 22:42 »

after this i tried just right clicking on the data and doing send to cdrw. after i burned the cd my drive would not recognize it.

I think that by doing the above method it would have by passed your normal burning program and used XPs built in burning software.
I have found that sometimes its ok and sometimes not, regardless of the make of cd.
If the new cds that you get later work ok then maybe you could get your friend to try the ones that dont work on yours  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum