Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: optical mouse probs  (Read 687 times)

Offline jon996

optical mouse probs
« on: April 26, 2004, 19:49 »
hi all
i have an optical mouse and its a usb. i need to disable my onboard usb so i bought a usb 2 ps2 connector so i woodnt have 2 use the usb port!! BUT it doesnt work, it'll boot up fine but then when i go to move the mouse...nothing..i go into control panel -> mouse -> hardware...and there isnt anything there?!??!?!? anyideas??
jon!!
rive it like you stole it!

Offline Dack

• Established Member
Re:optical mouse probs
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2004, 20:39 »
So what you did, if I've got this right, was have a mouse connected to the USB port but then switched the machine off and then powered up with it connected to the PS/2 port instead.

You will probably need to tell Windows to detect the new hardware and learn to navigate using the SPACE, RETURN and TAB keys to do the install.

Boot up, press windows key and Break at the same time, right arrow twice times and then ALT and H together. You should then be able to do the hardware scan.

Another thing - make sure the connector is all the way in (as some don't fit too well).
hey promised the earth! Then delivered mud.
Technically it did meet the spec.

Offline jon996

Re:optical mouse probs
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2004, 22:18 »
:'( it hasnt werked but all shud be well soon, my 'mate' who was a b*****d to me agesa go [old grudge] wants me to build him a pc so i sed 800mghz 128mg ram etc and he sed 450££ haha!!! so ill just buy a new dell pc with my winnings !! haha gutted  :P god revenge is sweet ;D ;D ;D ;D
rive it like you stole it!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum