Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Mouse gets FRIED yes FRIED help please !!!!!  (Read 687 times)

Offline jimbob615

• New Registration
Mouse gets FRIED yes FRIED help please !!!!!
« on: May 03, 2004, 08:16 »
I just built a new computer, but i noticed the mouse wasn't working, anyway i tried my bro's mouse and it worked in the ps/2 port with an adapter, but then he tried it in usb and now his doesn't work at all, even on his own computer  :-\ so basically as soon as i plug a mouse into one of my usb ports (at the back of the pc) the mouse ceases to work and never works ever again.

Does anyone know what causes this, how this happens, or how to fix it? If you don't know can you at least post your ideas please please please? It is very annoying, already $60 gone in mouseing equipment  ??? I've come to a conclusion that it is the voltage going to the usb ports but i didn't think usb ports ever stuffed up mouses.

PS: My bro's mouse worked perfectly before plugging into the usb port, so it is definitely the port!!!!!!!!!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re:Mouse gets FRIED yes FRIED help please !!!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2004, 09:18 »
Hi Jimbob, and  

It's a public holiday here in the UK today, so our techies might be a bit thin on the ground, but I'm sure someone will be able to help you later.

In the meantime, a few ideas from a non-expert:-  

Is it just the mice which seem to have a problem with the USB port, or have you dared to try any other equipment?  

Are you using any kind of USB multiplier or hub?  

Have you checked that the connection from the rear USB ports to the motherboard is correct (the right way round)?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline ketamininja

Re:Mouse gets FRIED yes FRIED help please !!!!!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2004, 13:15 »
Well, yes, it sounds like there is too much voltage going through there. This is likely to come from a faulty mainboard, but not guaranteed... but that would be my main suspect.

you can usually return this for another within 14 days UK.

it COULD be the PSU. If so , I would expect that voltages everywhere would be out, so check your BIOS and monitor the voltage.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum