Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: lost information from cd-rw  (Read 734 times)

Offline tazzriffc

• New Registration
lost information from cd-rw
« on: January 04, 2005, 21:59 »
hi im new here so hopefully u guys will be able to help...  i had a lot of my uni information on this disk it was formatted usin nero, however my pc crashed and when i rebooted the disk now doesnt open. i managed to get into the cd drive and the properties tells me that all the active space is used up yet there are no visable files on the disk... i cant asscess any of the previous stored info. can anyone point me in the right way  i really need this info for my classes!!!!!!

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Re:lost information from cd-rw
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 22:15 »
Hi Tazzriffic and  :welcome:

When you say you formatted with Nero are you using INCD packet writing programme?

If you download isobuster it will recover the contents of the disc.  I had a similar problem with a cd and was able to recover all the data on the disc. I got the same results as yourself when I interrogated the disc on drive. You might need the pro version of isobuster as the free one might not allow you to access the files if it was done with packet writing.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline tazzriffc

• New Registration
Re:lost information from cd-rw
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 22:21 »
hiya lona and many thanx for replying and so fast... yes i used INCD version 5.... i will try what u suggest and i will  reply to let u know how things went and again many thanx for the help take care

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum