Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: RUNDLL32 Error  (Read 723 times)

Offline divah1968

RUNDLL32 Error
« on: August 20, 2004, 07:41 »
Every time I try to install my new printer I get the RUNDLL32 message. I went to microsoft to research the topic. It said that the error could occur if the "drivers=mmsystem.dll" line was missing from the boot section of the sytem.ini file. It says to correct the problem to use any text editor to edit the system.ini file. Then add the line the [boot]section of the file "drivers=mmsystem.dll. Save then close the system.ini file. Restart the computer. Now probably those instructions were pretty cut and dry but for me - its like greek ???. How do you access this system.ini file to even make the changes. I went search for it on "find" and all of these files appeared. Then I looked in help and it said to turn off the 32 bit pc card support. When I attempted to follow instructions - my computer states that no pc sockets are installed. The help states that I must click the + next to pc slots - disable this hardware - so on so on. Please help me :'( ??? I don't know what to do and this problem is preventing me from installing my printer. Thank you in advance! Nat

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:RUNDLL32 Error
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2004, 14:52 »
On 98/ ME gp tp Start/Run then just type SYSTEM.INI and ok.
That will bring the text pad up that you need to add the line to, then click File/Save As and overwrite the original one.
Reboot your pc and hopefully it wil be ok  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum