Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: HJ Logs  (Read 786 times)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
HJ Logs
« on: September 01, 2004, 12:56 »
Hi all, Had some time to do some reading over the last 2 days  ;D and have read that the HJ logs when posted onto forums have a lot of Personal Information within the Log.

Just wanted to know off the Techies if this was true? as I want to post my HJ log as there are 2 / 3 Items that I dont reconise.

Hookstar

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:HJ Logs
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2004, 13:10 »
I had never noticed any personal info, I think I have seen a few websites, home page etc.
You could always just edit it and delete any "personal" stuff , such as your www.spankers_R_us.com entry, before posting it if you were worried about peope knowing about the seedier side of your personal life :)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 13:15 »
Hiya Hooky.  Your HJT log is sure to contain a certain amount of personal data, but if you replace stuff like email addresses and ISP info, etc., with a line of 'x' before you post, it shouldn't make much difference to the overall value of the log.

By the way, one simple method of checking unidentified entries in your HJT log, is to copy and Paste that line into Google's search box and finding out whether it was generated by one of your bona fide apps.

Edit:  Ooops!  Pipped at the post!    ::)

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 16:14 »

if you were worried about peope knowing about the seedier side of your personal life :)

Nothing to Hide Sandra, just that I dont trust anybody on the net these days  :-\

HijackThis and StartUp Logs Post

Please note that HijackThis and StartUp logs are NOT to be posted.

This is for the security of the poster, as these logs can, and often do, show Security and Personal Information about the computer user/s and their browsing habits.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2004, 19:10 »
I think it's a case of being professional, and solving the problems created by spyware, rather than sniggering at how people got it, if by visiting dodgy websites.  The exception, of course, being Clive, who's secret nightly visits to sheepshaggers-r-us.com, are obviously open to merciless pi** taking.

Of all the logs posted on here, I've never seen anything terrible, and if people haven't got the sense to mask evidence of anything seedy, then they deserve to be caught out, in my opinion.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum