Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Advice on Ink Cartridges  (Read 1709 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Advice on Ink Cartridges
« on: January 19, 2005, 21:32 »
I now have an Epson CX3600 AIO Printer / Copier / Scanner, and was just about to order some spare cartridges from www.cartex.co.uk, who are my usual suppliers, when I thought I'd just have a quick look on eBay.  I have found that for the same price as I can get three sets of compatible cartridges from Cartex, I could get thirteen sets from sellers on eBay!  Would anyone recommend, or not recommend, buying ink cartridges from eBay?  Has anyone any experience of doing so, and what the quality was like?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Re:Advice on Ink Cartridges
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2005, 22:00 »
This message about eBay was posted today on another forum I visit.  It made me smile.

The only way to win on ebay is think, think and think again before you do anything, and then before you do what it was you were thinking about think again.

I have been a seller on ebay for about 5 years and have had some very strange things happen over the years.

I once won a wholesale box of drill bit sets, the plan was to resell on another auction site. So after winning the items I relisted them on another site as a whole sale lot before I had taken delivery myself, this was fine I take the risk every so often 99 time out of 100 everything is fine. Anyway the item sells on the other site and I make a nice little wedge, problem is the bits haven't got to me yet, after a couple of days they turn up so I relable the box and off they go down the post office to there new owner. Great all is done and dusted.....O god how wrong was I.

Two days later I get an email from my buyer asking me to phone him as in his words "he thinks we need to talk rather than bounce perverted emails around" Perverted I think what is this bloke onabout.

So I give the bloke a call,

The call go's something like this (name changed to protect the inocent)

Bert (Me): Hi fred, its bert here the drill bit seller

Fred: You f***ing pervert

Bert: Sorry what do you mean!!!!!

Fred: You perverted little s**t I am going to rip your f***ing head of when I find you, you B***ard.

Bert: Sorry mate but what the hell are you onabout.

Fred: You know what I am onabout do I have to ram one up your arse before you understand me.

Bert: No I don't want a drill bit up my arse, calm down and tell me what the hell you are talking about.

Fred( now a little calmer, but not much): Why have you sent me 48 vibrating butt plugs with glowing end and lubricant.

Bert (very confused) Butt plugs, vibrating, what?

Fred: I ordered drill bits not gay sex aids, my wife now thinks I am gay what are you going to do about it?

In my haste to post the drill bits I failed to open the box and check the contents.

After a bit of sweet talking and having to talk to the blokes wife to convince her it was my mistake, everything was cool, apart from the fact I had 48 gay sex aids to sell.

The moral is always be careful on ebay.
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Rodders

• Forum Fanatic
  • Bournemouth: Where even the water is 'ard!
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 22:05 »
Wow, that's real bad luck!  He could have made far more from butt plugs than drill bits.   :(

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 22:29 »
What's the printer like Simon?  Is it any good?  I'll be looking for a new one myself soon.  

Oh - nice story Gill!   ;D

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 22:51 »
I like it, Clive, but haven't really used it much yet.  I got it for a good price, from www.directfrom.com, and it arrived within 3 days.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 23:00 »
That's a lot of printer for the money Simon.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2005, 23:10 »
Well, you can't go far wrong, with Epson.  :)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2005, 09:00 »
I've heard a lot of good things about this seller.  :thumb:

They have their number on there and are supposed to be very helpful and easy to deal with.  8)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2005, 18:06 »
Yes, they were one of the ones I looked at, Cammy.  What put me off them was that they don't take PayPal, but that needn't be a problem.  Other thing was, the cartridges on Cartex are 'High Capacity', which means they have 17ml of ink in them, as opposed to 8ml of ink in the 'standard' versions, so, technically, the Cartex ones should last more then twice as long.  Most of the eBay sellers don't state 'High Capacity', but some state 'Enhanced Quality', which could mean anything.  At the end of the day, I suppose you get what you pay for, and if I block my inkjets with poor quality ink, which also might run off the page if breathed on, I wouldn't be too happy.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2005, 18:25 »
(SVP 79-81) Epson Stylus compatible COLOUR CARTRIDGES - with chip.
For use with the following printers:
Epson Stylus C64/C64 Photo Edition, C64/C64 Photo Edition, Epson Stylus C84/C84 Photo Edition, Epson Stylus CX3600, CX3650, CX6400, CX6600

Shipping cost will be calculated and displayed by the website before you finalise your order.  

SVP Price:   £3.36 / ?uro4.82. Prices include VAT.

Quantity:
Ink Colour: Make your choice.
 (SVP 79) Cyan  (SVP 80) Yellow (SVP 81) Magenta / Plus more

www.svp.co.uk

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2005, 19:56 »
Simon I use the firm cammy highlighted, you dont buy on line via Ebay.....you ring em and pay by credit card, so your covered mate. Oh they work fine as well, I mean just look at their feed back.

I have the CX3200, bought it back in Dec 2002, maybe you can help me with a problem. My Epson CD is cracked, so it wont load "Smart Panel" well it wont load bugger all coz I binned it. Emailed Epson asking to be directed to a download page....The buggers replied today, they want £10 for a CD. I paid through the bloody nose for that CX when they first came out, bloody crooks. [nice printer though}

I think you know whats coming next
 ::).....you've got mail  ;D
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2005, 20:10 »
So do you!   ;)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum