Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: RAW file system?!?!  (Read 856 times)

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
RAW file system?!?!
« on: February 24, 2005, 03:30 »
Wow...cool new layout for the site  :D

I'm kinda p**sed off at Windows rite now, I somehow managed to mess up my D drive partition.  I think it was caused by my trying to save data to the disk as the computer was restarting, which corrupted it? I have no clue. I can't access the drive at all, the only thing I can do is click on properties. It says the file system is RAW, and that there is nothing on the drive. Anyone have any ideas??? Please?!?

:cry:  :cry:
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline joudi

• Established Member
RAW file system?!?!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 04:27 »
From now till a real techie comes, here's a link which might be for a use to you:

http://www.gidforums.com/t-2363.html

(you'll notice that "Jacko" got the same problem, and found a solution for it. You may use that same method if no one suggests something else.)

P.S.     Just wanted to add that your data on "D" drive needs to be recovered, by this method or another. So, I suggest that you don't install any program on that partition, because that'll overwrite the existing data.

Of course, there are some who prefere to use another recovery program like THIS one, while others use another.
object width="450" height="150">

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
RAW file system?!?!
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 15:59 »
Thx joudi,

I'm using a program rite now called iRecover...it's working fine so far, but since it's unregistered I can only copy one folder at a time. I'm thinking I'll just keep goin until I have all my stuff back. Unless someone else knows how to convert from RAW back to NTFS or possibly even FAT32...I dunno.
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
RAW file system?!?!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 17:43 »
Joudis answer looks quite good so other than using a recovery program you are probably as well carrying on as you are  :)

I have sent you an email to your hotmail addrees, I hope that its still current  :)

Offline Hiatus

• JoshSalverda.com
RAW file system?!?!
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 03:56 »
Thanks sandra, I just read the e-mail. I would have replied sooner that I had solved the problem, but I was in NYC for the last few days on a school trip. Anyways, I downloaded a program called iRecover, and....umm "registered" :whistle:  it. I was using the newer version before that, but I could only recover one folder at a time.

So, problem solved  :D. Thx again.
l33t h@x0r... sort of...

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum