Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Spare MATX PSU anyone??  (Read 768 times)

Offline PhilTheFish

Spare MATX PSU anyone??
« on: April 27, 2005, 15:06 »
Hi all,

A friend of mine has stupidly blown up the PSU on his PC (he thought the voltage select switch was a reset button and slapped 240v through the 110v setting!!). I've tried to buy a spare from Maplins and various other places, but most have a 28 day wait to get them in.

Does anyone have a spare kicking about that they would be willing to sell to me? The failed unit is a 150W (bigger wattage would be fine) and measures 125mm x 100mm x 75mm (inc fan depth). I think its a standard Micro ATX size. He doesn't want to spend too much as the whole PC only cost him £75 (bought it from me!), but is willing to pay a fair price.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Phil

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Spare MATX PSU anyone??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 15:58 »
This one is only  £11.74 including vat and special delivery to arrive by this friday Phil.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=7113742361&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=20083

Offline PhilTheFish

Spare MATX PSU anyone??
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 08:21 »
Thanks Sandra, but that one is standard ATX. I need a MICRO ATX. Most places have them listed, but not in stock and they cost around £40 normally. Just wondered whether anybody had one kicking around in a box of old computer bits. Think I'll try a computer fair somewhere this weekend.

Phil

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Spare MATX PSU anyone??
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 12:57 »
Sorry Phil missed seeing the Micro bit, I thought it was strange that you couldnt find any in stock at maplins and other places  :blush:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum