Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: why oh why  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
why oh why
« on: May 08, 2005, 12:33 »
why oh why did i get a mesh?  Don't say I told u so.

All I did was delete some software and its deleted or damaged config in system32

I can't get into anything. Sandra has helped but it seems the only option is the repair CD and guess what ....... I didn't get one.

So now I am back on my old computer waiting for the cd to arrive, I won't hold my breath.  

In my desperation I succumbed to phoning the help line £1 per min only to hold on for ages and when I got through the person at the other end pretended not to hear me.

I finally got hold of someone on line, who says they are sending the cd. I only hope that will repair it, or it'll be a new installation. sigh.

moan over  :(
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
why oh why
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2005, 16:14 »
:ouch:  That's bad news Michelle.  I think it's always best to buy a copy of the repair disk as an insurance policy.  You only have to use it if you DON'T buy one!

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
why oh why
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2005, 16:36 »
Annoying isn't it, Michelle?

Unfortunately, computers are like cars.  They demand money to be continually thrown at them left, right and centre and they do not thank you one bit for it.  That is why after my last computer went t1ts up, I dragged this old Optiplex Pro out of the cupboard and have used it ever since.  I did think of getting a new computer (well at least a new base unit) but as this thing works for my needs I ain't going to bother until it disappears in a cloud of smoke.  What's the point?  I could spend good money on something faster, and then have nothing but trouble with it.

It isn't by accident that those who have most trouble with their cars are those who are constantly trading in for a newer model.  If it ain't broke don't fix it, and that applies to computers too.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
why oh why
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2005, 19:07 »
Oh dear, Michelle.  I did say Mesh computers were good pcs but I also said there customer service was crap.  :(

I told you about the guy on the phone to his girl friend when we travelled all the way up to Edinburgh to buy one.  Needless to say we walked out after waiting half an hour on him.

If I were you I would go into writing and complain about the service you have received.  Send them a copy of your phone bill and say you were left hanging on with no help given. Tell them they came recommended and if that's the service you expect to receive, you won't be recommeding them to any of your friends.

It's companies like that, who need exposed. You can slag them off on all the techie forums.

:)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
why oh why
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2005, 08:09 »
Thats a good idea lona   :D

Yeah, I did know that the customer service was the awful, but I was hoping not to have to use them, but it seems they make it as hard as they can so you have to ring them. At least you can get to them on line even if you do have to wait hours and them the reply link doesn't work. lol

oh and clive the cd was supposed to be in with the computer, but wasn't. Of course I didn't notice til I needed it.

I wonder how long it takes to send a cd from scotland .......

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
why oh why
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2005, 23:32 »
Scotland is only one of their depots, Michelle.  I think their head office is in England somewhere. :)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
why oh why
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 07:52 »
it'll still take a week i bet  :cry:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
why oh why
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2005, 15:03 »
Quote from: "Michelle"

Yeah, I did know that the customer service was the awful, but I was hoping not to have to use them,

So it's definitely not out of a bottle then !  :roll:  

:wink:
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
why oh why
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2005, 15:52 »
Quote from: "Tony"

Yeah, I did know that the customer service was the awful, but I was hoping not to have to use them,

eh?  :?:

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
why oh why
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2005, 15:56 »
Quote from: "Tony"

eh?  :?:

:argh:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:  :brickwall:
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
why oh why
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2005, 18:05 »
Gets my "post of the year" nomination!    :grin:  :grin:  :grin: :scoot:

Online Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
why oh why
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2005, 18:29 »
:pmsl:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum