Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Everest home  (Read 714 times)

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
Everest home
« on: May 27, 2005, 19:05 »
found this rather nifty little hardware diagnostic program. sometimes you can have too much information tho'....

exerpt from the log

Temperatures:  
   Motherboard   34 °C (93 °F)  
   CPU   36 °C (97 °F)  
   Aux   23 °C (73 °F)  
   Maxtor 6Y060L0   48 °C (118 °F)  
   IBM IC35L120AVV207-0   47 °C (117 °F)  

Cooling Fans:  
   CPU   4688 RPM  
   Chassis   2250 RPM  

Voltage Values:  
   CPU Core   1.68 V  
   +2.5 V   1.12 V  
   +3.3 V   3.26 V  
   +5 V   4.90 V  
   +12 V   11.69 V  
   Debug Info V   81 9F 9A 8D 5E CD C6 C3  

two things of concern there

firstly the hard drive temperatures are near the maximum recommended.  its no surprise as they piggy back each other and there is no cooling fan.  I intend to get a fan to remedy this, do fans all run "out of the box" off a spare power cable and where is the best position to put it.

The second thing i notice is the cpu voltage readings.  the +2.5v is only measured at 1.12 v.  is this symptomatic of some sort of chip failure.  its a 1GHz p3.

i'll shut up now  
 :D

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Everest home
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2005, 19:17 »
I dont think that theres a best place Dave, it depends on the type of fan you get as to where they mount.
They should just run either off a spare mobo pin or into a spare lead from the psu  :)

Not sure about the voltage reading though as whichever program you use to analyse your pc with it will read off the bios, unless it has specific connectors for temerature probes etc, so they are often not as accurate as they should be  :(

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
Everest home
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2005, 10:12 »
Quote from: "Sandra"

Not sure about the voltage reading though as whichever program you use to analyse your pc with it will read off the bios, unless it has specific connectors for temerature probes etc, so they are often not as accurate as they should be  :(

ta sandra.  there are no obvious problems so i'm not too bothered .  :D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum