Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: again already - heeeeelllpppp  (Read 16798 times)

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
again already - heeeeelllpppp
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2005, 18:28 »
After all the stress of today with the Bombs I was reluntant to call, as this office is in london. But I had another missed call on my phone so I called it back.

And guess what, they are refusing to give me a refund because I didn't tell them right away, it was over a month before I emailed them that there was a problem. And you have to tell them within 2 weeks ( or she said she would allow 1 month) She said she was the most senior person on the floor. After voicing all of my opinions and threats - she "who couldn't give a monkeys basically" kept to her story of its "too late".  Oh and besides who told me it was a hard drive fault when obviously they would have to have it back to determine that!  I told her who and she said they were wrong to diagnose that over the phone. And it could be the software that I've put on it that caused a problem.  

Sooooooo on realising she couldn't care less what I said, I asked who was her boss and his boss and i asked to speak to them, but of course they were unavailable.  (which I expected, even without a bomb disaster)

She suggested I write a letter but they will only say what she has said.

Which is send it back for them too decide what is wrong with it. (with me paying carraige costs)  

PS after getting 2 different blue screens it started up today and everything works, when it started on tuesday it didn't load some of the drivers, but I left it on as I could use what I needed.  So it has to be the hard drive doesn't it?
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2005, 18:50 »
well surely they have to provide a waranty for so long even if you dont tell them about the problem immediately?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2005, 20:18 »
Looking at the spec on one of their £1k games machines it looks like you'll have to return to base thats if your terms are the same...

*  AMD Athlon? 64 X2 4200+ Dual Core Processor
    * Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
    * 512MB DDR 400 RAM (PC3200) Memory
    * 200GB Serial ATA (150Mb/s) Ultra Fast Hard Drive
    * 128MB ATI Radeon X700 - PCI Express, TV-Out, DVI
    * 17" TFT Flat Panel LCD Monitor
    * SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-RW (R/W all standard formats)*
    * Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS
    * Creative Inspire P5800 - 5.1 Surround Speakers
    * X-treme4 Games Bundle (see below for details)
    * Internet Ready V.92 56Kbps data/fax/voice modem
    * Network Ready integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet
    * Logitech Cordless Keyboard and Optical Mouse
    * ASUS WiFi 54MBps IEEE 802.11g PCI Card
    * FREE Microsoft Works 8.0
    * MESH ATX Mini Tower Case - Click for more details
   * Classic Warranty - 1 Yr Parts & Labour (Back-to-base)

Thats pretty poor and although their machines look like "pure sex" i wont be buying one off them again :laugh:

Damn annoying aint it Shell?  :roll:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2005, 20:26 »
Michelle, I would make an appointment with your local CAB, to discuss taking them to the small claims court.  THIS WEBSITE has some useful info on consumer rights, from which I quote:-

One of the most important laws governing your rights as a consumer is the Sale of Goods Act 1979. Like many laws it has evolved to keep up with changes in society so the Act now includes the 'amendments' the Sale and Supply of Goods Act 1994 and the Sale of Goods (Amendment) Act 1995.

This is a wide-ranging piece of legislation that applies to both new and second-hand goods.

It protects consumers by ensuring that:

* Goods are of 'satisfactory quality' - products must last a reasonable time and be free of defects
    * Goods are 'as described' - a trader or advertisement must honestly describe the product. If, for example, you buy a CD that turns out to be counterfeit then you have a case against the trader that sold it.
    * Fit for purpose - products must do what the supplier says they do.

If you buy something that doesn't meet any of the conditions stated above, it's your right to demand your money back from the trader (the person/shop who you bought it from), not the manufacturer, wholesaler or importer.
[/size]

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO A REFUND BY LAW!! Don't let them fob you off!!   :wink:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2005, 22:22 »
yep it sure is annoying.

Thanks for that Simon, I have emailed and posted online, that to the General Manager Tony Riccardi who I was told by the way was actually the MD ! Lol great that customer svs. And I have asked for him to look into my case.  Probably won't hear anything but at least I have it on record.

Looking on other websites, there does seem to be alot of cases of faulty HDs'  hmmmm

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #125 on: July 09, 2005, 13:59 »
Someone rang me at work yesterday ops I'd left my phone on, so I didn't get to talk to them much and I was in a bit of a panic (had to run out of the classroom lol ..........They were very apologetic and they said of course I wouldn't have to pay carraige, we will send you some labels out. I said I still want a refund but send them out and I speak with you later.

I got two letters this morning, one with the labels and one from a PA to the director saying they are sorry that it has been brought to the attention of the general manager and someone will deal with my request.

so I'm a bit lost to where we are now, lol

So I sent another email to the general manager, asking for them to send packaging (cos I dumped mine not having any space to store it!) and can I have in writing that I will get a refund when they receive the unit back.  With a copy of my original email.

I think that quote from the CAB got them going.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #126 on: July 09, 2005, 15:34 »
Well, it seems obvious they were trying to fob you off.  I would now give them a couple of days, Michelle, and as you have requested, get it in writing that they are going to refund you, before you send the machine back to them.  You must also make sure you get proof of dispatch when you send it, but I'm sure you would do that anyway.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #127 on: July 13, 2005, 18:29 »
News update ...... lol

Okay the swines said I could send it back for a refund, but they would have to test it first !   and I'd have to be very careful how I packed it, seeing as I didn't have the correct packaging as it might arrive damaged! How clear was that message!  

They couldn't send me packaging aparently so I said - okay I'll bring it there personally. No Problems with that.  So yesterday I went up to Edgeware Road, scarey enough in itself but reassuring with loads and loads of police everywhere especially all around victoria.  

So I arrived, called the bloke who has been dealing with it who said let me know when you get here and guess what, he wasn't available!  

So another chap took us round to returns, who said, and u won't believe this...... we can't accept that without the correct packaging!  By the way I was surrounded by empty boxes just like the one it came in.  I was looking for Candid Camera!

Anyway after demanding to see the manager, he came down and eventually accepted it and signed very reluctantly that it was all received in good condition.  Blood and Stone come to mind!

So now I wait for a phone call to say it was a software error and they've fixed it, I told them to not go replacing parts and tell me it was a software error, I don't want it anymore. Software errors do not cause banging noises!   (I only had that once but once is enough)  And due to it being an intermittant error they said it might take longer than the usual 2 days to confirm a hardware fault????

So now I am on my old computer all installed in its rightful place, crap but working ! LOL

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2005, 18:35 »
What a cowboy outfit!  I would be seriously considering contacting one of the big PC Magazines, Michelle.  I'm sure they would take great pleasure in crucifying them for this.  No one should accept being treated the way you have by any retailer.

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2005, 18:37 »
Gawd what a hard time your having with that Shell  :?

Lets hope you get your money back and can then go and buy a bargain on ebay  :twisted:

:wink:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2005, 23:01 »
Thanks for all your support with this Guys and gals.

Oh I did email computeractive but I got an auto response saying they don't deal with emails on the subject. You have to write in I guess.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2005, 15:42 »
Michelle, if you buy this week's Computeractive you will find that on Page 14, someone else has written in to complain they are having a similar problem as yourself.  And yes, it's a Mesh!  It will be worth you buying a copy (only £1.35)

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #132 on: July 21, 2005, 19:59 »
Oh damn I should have written in too then!  Did I say I sent them an email, but they said they couldn't deal with it.

By the way ........... Over a week has gone by and not one phone call, nothing, I'm purposely leaving it as I am going to go mad at them next week, when it has been two weeks. For one thing then I will be moved and more focussed.

I'll have to get that then, thanks clive.

Offline daveeb

• Loyal Member
« Reply #133 on: July 22, 2005, 19:47 »
Having been on the wrong end of Mesh's legendary customer services i wouldnt touch 'em again.  If you get your money back i'd go somewhere else. I've just found Kustompc's site which looks good, loads of choice (too much in fact !).  Also Evesham seem to get a better press tho' they are a little more expensive.   :D

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2005, 12:23 »
Just wanted to say, thanks for all your help - everyone, on this one. You've all been fab!  Especially Sandra who as usual has spent alot of hours with me on it! Cheers.

What a ride we've all  had with that Mesh system. Hopefully thats the end of it now.

Just incase anyone else stumbles accross this section and is having the same problems, I recently found someone who was going to look into it all for me, and who is on the mesh hunt.

Paula.Anderson@brent.gov.uk

Trading Standards.

Very nice lady, who is waiting to hear if I get my refund when I have been told I will get it.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum