Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Device Manager  (Read 1303 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Device Manager
« on: January 26, 2003, 17:42 »
When checking in Device Manager I noticed that there was a green ? at one of my usb connections.
Can anyone tell me what that means. I have 6 usb connections but the ? is only at one of them.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re:Device Manager
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2003, 17:55 »
Are you sure it is green and not yellow Lona? I have never seen green in there.The question mark is usually for unknown device whereas the exclamation mark is for a fault with its operation.
Can you identify which USB devices it is "seeing" as ok and which is the one with the ? on it?
If you double click on it it will give you the properties and possibly say what the problem is,but will probably just say unidentified  ???

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2003, 18:14 »
I know what you mean Sandra. This green? is on top of the usb tab and not at the side like the yellow ones and the red ones. It's on the generic usb hub. I tried to update driver but it said it was ok. Don't know what it means but everything is working ok, I just wondered what it meant ???
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2003, 18:20 »
Its got me puzzled Lona.Maybe some one else has come across it and will be able to sort it out  ???

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum