Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Flaw in firefox 1.0.7  (Read 1551 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« on: October 14, 2005, 15:20 »
I installed firefox 1.0.7 but now find that macromedia flash doesn't work on a few websites.

There have been a few workarounds offered but none seem to work.

Anybody else having these problems?
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 19:20 »
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 21:23 »
Simon, I have macromedia flash installed and it works on here for sigs but won't work on some sites.

I keep getting the popup to install macromedia flash plugin which is installed.

I have been in firefox forums and it's not an isolated problem.  it seems to be a bug in version 1.0.7.

Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 22:37 »
Oh right.  Looks like you may have to wait for the next version to come along.  No similar problems with Mozilla.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 22:54 »
Hi, Lona.

Is it not possible to revert to a previous (non-buggy) version?  I have 1.06 as my backup browser for when I encounter a website that doesn't like Opera and it works fine with flash.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2005, 01:26 »
I might try that Dave. I'm sure I still have previous versions hanging about somewhere on my HD. :)

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2005, 13:40 »
I've just been having a look on my CDs, but I don't seem to have saved any Firefox setup files.  Incredibily, although they have previous versions of Internet Explorer, Opera, AOL etc.  oldversion.com do not have any old versions of any of the Mozilla browsers.

I'm going to my sister's shortly, so I'll take my USB pern drive and see if she has the Firefox setup file on her system.  If she has it, I'll copy it and if you want it I'll send it to you via email.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2005, 14:24 »
Quote from: "chorleydave"
I've just been having a look on my CDs, but I don't seem to have saved any Firefox setup files.  Incredibily, although they have previous versions of Internet Explorer, Opera, AOL etc.  oldversion.com do not have any old versions of any of the Mozilla browsers.

I'm going to my sister's shortly, so I'll take my USB pern drive and see if she has the Firefox setup file on her system.  If she has it, I'll copy it and if you want it I'll send it to you via email.

That's great Dave, see if she has version 1.0.4, it seemd to be a better version.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Flaw in firefox 1.0.7
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2005, 16:17 »
Lona you can get 1.0.6 from here, and if you want older versions, have a look at the Parent Directory.  :)

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum