Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: System Idle Process  (Read 2022 times)

Offline cerebus

System Idle Process
« on: October 27, 2005, 13:56 »
Well first of all let me say, i love the new look  :wink:  looks really modern, great use of colours, diet coke sugar free an you know what, it's well tasty

an secondly i would like ot have a rant about SIP, you see, i noticed recently my computer is running slower than usual, ok ok, so it's nearly dead, tell me summet i dont know, but when i looked at the task manager i saw "system idle procces" an next to it was an ever changing 70 - 100% CPU usage, according to what i read earlier this *should* mean there is 70 - 100% of CPU resources available for use else where..

Now this wud be fine IF my CPU wasn;t running at 100 odd % all the time, i'ts really gettin on my tets, an i would love to know how to sort it out.

the thing is yesterday, it was fine and today, well, i have scanned my computer with Ad-Aware, Spy bot S&D and Kaspersky, to no avail. obviously my computer is dead, or there is sumthing sumwhere that can not be found

last thing, kaspersky recently detected a backdoor with a file name, the only part i remember from the file name was the part that sed "eraseme" :S
e're all cursed...   its called life.

Try the --==GTO==-- forums!! http://s9.invisionfree.com/GTO

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
System Idle Process
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 14:15 »
Try CoolWeb Shredder, which removes some things the others miss, particularly the Cool Web brand of spyware, which is especially vehement.  Then try Hijack This, which will tell you what's running on your machine, but sometimes the results are a tad confusing.  If you post the results on here, we might be able to help you, but no promises.  You could also check your Processes list in your Task Manager which should tell you what is making your CPU run at 100%.  This is usually spyware, or a crashed program.  Let us know how you get on.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline cerebus

System Idle Process
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 14:40 »
ok well i spoke to a friend of mine on msn, he told me to get rid of some things from msconfig, "things with out a path are usualy spyware or summet" so i did that an CPU usage now *seems* fine theres about 20 odd processes running at the mo so i'll try them an i'll see wether my computer lives or dies, lol

i cudnt get the "hijackthis" thing to work, sed summet was missing... the coolwebshredder thing was ok tho, found one thing an removed it

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
System Idle Process
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2005, 21:19 »
XP normally has around 20 to 30 processes running , even when its just idle for some reason.
Mine currently has 30 running and I am only on here and my network is active.

Only worry about any processes that show high CPU usage that you know shouldnt be using much  :)

Offline cerebus

System Idle Process
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 17:17 »
well things seem alright now, CPU running as it usualy does. i'm gonna be gettin some more mem for a new game i'm gettin, and also i'm thinking of building another computer. theres 2 in my house at the mo, this one an a small fairly tacky one, if i get a new one then theres one for me, one for ma dad, and one for ma sis. i just don't know whats happening yet, we may be moving house, so i'm gonna leave it for as long sa poss.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum