Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Laptop Display Problem  (Read 3746 times)

Offline renshaw8

Laptop Display Problem
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 18:29 »
I replaced the display driver before. Trident Cyberblade Ai1 AGP 22 from the Toshiba website. Is that the driver that you are talking about?
f you watch the penny's, the dollars will watch themselfs.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Laptop Display Problem
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 20:19 »
yes but no. I'm specifically refering to the driver that was installed by default, not any updated version - the one that came with the computer.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline renshaw8

Laptop Display Problem
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 22:49 »
Sorry Sam, I don't know how to see if that original driver is still around anymore. I'm not real dumb with computers but I'm not real smart either. Since it seems that if the computer is warm when I don't have a problem (on all night), do you think it would be in the monitor part of my laptop? If I shut it off before bed, it seems to have the problem in the morning.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Laptop Display Problem
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2006, 22:52 »
I'm not sure. From what you say I really think it is a display driver issue.

What I need you to check is if you have any of the original CDs that came with the laptop?

If not then I'll have a hunt around for another version of the driver.

Do you play games on it at all? Cause I have heard about DirectX and OpenGL causing issues, but I dont think they would cause this sort of problem.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Laptop Display Problem
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2006, 23:51 »
Do you know how to access the BIOS on your laptop ?

Its called SETUP on the screen so will say something like press DEL to enter setup or it may be F1 or F2, although laptops sometimes have a 2 key combination to enter it.

If you can access it look for the option that says Laod Failsafe Defaults or Load Bios Defaults then save and exit and see if it boots normally after that.

Offline renshaw8

Laptop Display Problem
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2006, 18:41 »
Sam, I don't have any CD's. I do play games and have a flight simulator. And Sandra, My laptop says press F2 to enter setup. When I did that the only thing that came up was SELECT BOOT DEVICE with 4 options. (C) CD-ROM......(F) FDD......(B) Built in HDD......(D) Default SYSTEM SETUP DEVICE. I selected (F) thinking it must be the failsafe option you mentioned. The Toshiba  logo came up for a second and then changed back to the 4 options again. I selected F again and then my computer started without giving me any save options.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Laptop Display Problem
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2006, 20:44 »
Try D, the F is to boot from a  floppy drive  :)

It should open a window up with a list of options in a left and a right window.

Use the arrow keys, UP, Down, Left and Right to highlight Load Bios Defaults or Load Failsafe Defaults and press Enter.
Then save and exit.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum