Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Help please.  (Read 692 times)

Offline JoeN

• New Registration
Help please.
« on: February 03, 2006, 13:49 »
When i turn my pc on and it goes through start-up stage (black screen) it says something like '' scanning IDE Drivers '' then says '' Bios not installed. '' It then obviously gets past that bit and windows will load like normal. But whats up with that message? There is a another message before this aswell but its too fast to read.

The motherboard is an asus AV8 deluxe/wifi-G and is just over 1 year old.

A piece of advice I received was to reset the BIOS and see if the board has a CR2032 ( LARGE WATCH BATTERY ) and replace it if it does. Or to check if any cables are loose. Which I'm yet to do...Another was to repair the driver by updating it as the RAID controller in device manager has a yellow exclamation  :!:  :?:  over it, i did this and it went away but the start-up message has not.

Any help is appreciated.  :P

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Help please.
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 14:27 »
Hi Joe and :welcome:

If the mobos only a year old then its unlikely to be the CMOS battery.

Maybe theres been some problem that affected the BIOS though so I would first of all just access the BIOS and load either BIOS defaults or Failsafe Defaults, whichever option you have when you get in to it.

To enter BIOS on your mobo it should just be by pressing DEL repeatedly after the post beep.

If you want to see whats on the screen as its loading but its too fast then press the Pause Break key once to freeze the screen so that you can read it.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum