Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Capture problems, black screen  (Read 1336 times)

Offline sara82

• New Registration
Capture problems, black screen
« on: June 23, 2006, 19:38 »
Hi, not sure if this is right place to post, I hope it is. I am trying to capture video from a camcorder and am having some problems. I am attaching a canon v40 hi8 with the kind of wires that have red, yellow and white heads. I open nerovision and it says that my capture device is a Medion BDA analog capture and below that is a black screen which is where the video should be. Beneath that it says channel 4 and beneath that it says that no signal is detected and that recording is disabled. I have also tried to capture using windows movie maker and receive unspecified errors and using powercinema I can only record a black screen. I looked at some of the guides and it says you have to tune channels with the tv program that came with your video card but I have absolutely no idea how to do that and generally dont know much about video cards, so any help would be appreciated.
thanks again

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2006, 20:22 »
Hi Sara, and  :welcome:

You haven't really posted this in the 'wrong' place, as such, but I think it might get noticed quicker in Genaral Hardware Help, so that's where I'm moving it to.  I am sure someone will be able to help you soon.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 00:53 »
Hi Sara, you are trying to capture using whats called the composite input.

Have a look in the settings and see if theres an option to select composite input rather than analogue tv tuner and that should sort it.

If it doesnt then can you give me some more info on your pc and whether its a medion card that you have added then which model is it please, or is it a medion computer with the card already in.

Offline sara82

• New Registration
thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 06:44 »
Thanks for replying. If you mean the settings in the programs I have tried that a few times in different programs with no luck. I have been told on other sites that the particular capture card that I have is apparently only for internal capture, so I dont think it will work. The computer came with the card installed already

Advent T Series
Intel(R)
Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHZ
3.40GHZ, 448MB or RAM

I looked in display adapters in device manager and it said MEDION SAA7134, Hybrid Capture Device. I hope thats the info you needed. Thank you for your help and time

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 12:19 »
As far as I know that card should do analogue tv and composite, thats the usual meaning of hybrid, as opposed to being just a tv card or just a video capture card.

I will try and look for some information on it later, when I get chance.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum