Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Mr & Mrs Smith DVD  (Read 3292 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« on: July 04, 2006, 17:34 »
Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie star in this action packed thriller. After five (or six) years of vanilla-wedded bliss, ordinary suburbanites John and Jane Smith (Pitt and Jolie) are stuck in a rut the size of the Grand Canyon - until the truth comes out! Unbeknown to each other, they are both lethal, highly paid assassins working for rival organizations. And when they discover they're each other's next target, their secret lives collide in a spicy, explosive mix of wicked comedy, pent-up passion, nonstop action and high-tech weaponry that gives an all-new meaning to "Till death do us part!"

OK, so the above was adapted from the back of the DVD cover - but I can confirm, having watched this the other night, that it's a great, fun, entertaining romp, not to be taken too seriously, and, for once, not littered with swearing.  

Highly recommended for an evening's light entertainment.  

:thumb:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 18:49 »
Oh that's useful to know Simon.   :thanks:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2006, 19:05 »
I thought was poor, sorry.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 10:43 »
i saw it and though I wasn't amazed at it, it was funny (at times) and quite an interesting concept. And yes it was entertaining... I'd say if you like action films with a bit of something apart from just guns then watch it.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 12:46 »
If you like films with a twist? watch "A history of Violence" absolutely brilliant  8-)  a lot better than Mr & Mrs Smith which IO thought was a bit dodgy  :roll:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 12:48 »
I would agree, A History Of Violence is a great film, highly recommended, but be aware, there ARE some very violent scenes in it, if you are squeamish of that sort of thing.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 13:46 »
if you want to watch some violent scences then watch Hostel, grusome but rather interesting.... again do not watch if  squeemish.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2006, 14:14 »
Quote from: "TR"
If you like films with a twist? watch "A history of Violence" absolutely brilliant  8-)  a lot better than Mr & Mrs Smith which IO thought was a bit dodgy  :roll:

I loved A history of Violence but the rest of the family didn't. I I really thought Ed Harris was brilliant in it. :)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2006, 18:19 »
Well, let's try to build this up a bit - if you have a film you want to recommend - start a new thread!

Saw Hostel a few weeks ago, Sam - gruesome indeed!  Saw and Saw II are another couple of good horrors.   :twisted:

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2006, 18:29 »
Another good film to watch is "Inside Man" staring Denzil Washington / Clive Owen and Jodie Foster  :wink:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 22:22 »
Saw Hostel a few weeks ago, Sam - gruesome indeed!  Saw and Saw II are another couple of good horrors.

damn, well agree with that! :-) I'm still scare of going to the loo at the halls where my girlfriend lives, too much like Saw!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 22:58 »
I'm sure there are probably more horrors in the loo, after you've been in there than before!  :grin:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 23:25 »
lol... im not sure some of these students are foul with what they drink and eat... guess what happens next, eeewww
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
Mr & Mrs Smith DVD
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 23:30 »
Let's not go there!  :vomit:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum