Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Hiding computer cables  (Read 3150 times)

Offline reanne

Hiding computer cables
« on: November 19, 2005, 14:49 »
Hi. Sorry guys but im not really sure where to post this. Any ideas on how to hide/clean up all the cables at the back of the pc? My mum wants to have a glass computer stand but that means its going to show all the cables.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Hiding computer cables
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 15:22 »
You may be asking the impossible Reanne - especially since you want a glass computer stand!  You could get a wireless mouse and keyboard which would certainly help and not break the bank.  Apart from that you may find plastic cable ties (available in garden centres) useful.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Hiding computer cables
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 15:30 »
There's a thing you can get in Woolworths (and other stores) called a JML Cable Tidy, which supposedly wraps round all the cables, thus keeping them er, tidy.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline reanne

Hiding computer cables
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 15:32 »
Thanks for the suggestions! I know its a tall order but try telling my mum that...!!

Offline sam

• Administrator
Hiding computer cables
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2005, 00:32 »
u could always threaten a hammer!

those jml things are quite neat but you might find it easier just to use cable ties as you will find that your cables wont fit into those easily.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline chorleydave

• Forum Fanatic
Hiding computer cables
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2005, 02:31 »
Hi, Reanne.  I thoght you were dead!

I have two computers on my computer desk, and I hide the mess by putting a piece of cardboard (cut from a big box) between the desk and the wall.  If your mum is really fussy, you could always cover the cardboard in something (wallpaper, paint etc) that is a similar colour to the wall.

Otherwise, it's asking the impossible!  :(

Offline reanne

Hiding computer cables
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2005, 11:47 »
Not dead, just been trapped by my employers! I think I've finally managed to escape.

I have two computers in the house, one upstairs, one downstairs. Why would you need two computers on one desk :!:

Offline sam

• Administrator
Hiding computer cables
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2005, 11:49 »
i also have two computers on one desk (well one on the floor).. this is so I have windows on one and linux on the other... similar story dave?

p.s. good idea about the cardboard...just watch you don't cover up any fans!
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline gmax

• Established Member
Hiding computer cables
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 14:49 »
reanne wrote

Hi. Sorry guys but im not really sure where to post this. Any ideas on how to hide/clean up all the cables at the back of the pc? My mum wants to have a glass computer stand but that means its going to show all the cables.

tell your mum to buy a laptop :wink:

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Hiding computer cables
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 15:08 »
Quote from: "gmax"
reanne wrote

tell your mum to buy a laptop :wink:

Better still Reanne, move out and leave you Mum to get on with it.  :D
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Hiding computer cables
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 16:19 »
You can get special cable 'wraps' from places like Woolworths - I think they are made by JML, but simple cable ties do the trick just as easily.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum