Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: IE7 Is Coming This Month...  (Read 1026 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
IE7 Is Coming This Month...
« on: October 09, 2006, 20:44 »
and will be delivered to customers via Automatic Updates.   :ooo:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2006, 21:55 »
WHAAATT??!![/b][/size]   :wtf:  Still, that doesn't mean you have to use it.    :twisted:

Upgrade to Firefox 1.5!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 12:14 »
I think I'll be giving it a go as FF has frozen on me a couple of times, once when I was ordering something and entering my credit card details.  :(
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2006, 12:58 »
It seems that we have the option to download it later this month but it will become part of the automatic updates in November or December.  They are hoping that lots of us will download it before it's forced on us so that we can thoroughly test it out for them.  Yeah right!   :laugh:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 16:23 »
I wonder if pretend browsers like Avant will still work with IE7?   :twisted:  :P  :laugh:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2006, 16:54 »
That thought crossed my mind too Simon.  My guess is "yes" because they will have been working with the beta version for the past year or so to make certain that it will remain compatible.  I'm still a big fan of Avant despite the fact that I'm very much in the minority.  :laugh:  But you will be pleased to learn that Mrs Clive uses Firefox around 50% of the time and encourages her students to use it too.   8-)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2006, 16:58 »
I always knew Mrs Clive was the brains of the outfit!  :grin:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2006, 17:02 »
Sooooo true Simon.   :laugh:  Thankfully I have enough brains to know my place.   :laugh:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2006, 12:50 »
IE7 to arrive within next two weeks

Microsoft has announced that the next version of its Internet Explorer browser, IE7, will be available to users within the next two weeks.

Attendees of the Digital Life exhibition in New York were told that IE7 should be rolled out by 27 October, confirming information posted on the Internet Explorer blog last week that it was due some time before the end of this month.

There had been rumours earlier in the week that it was to be one of the updates distributed to customers on this month's 'Patch Tuesday', a day that Microsoft traditionally uses to send out security fixes to its Windows operating systems and other software applications.

Indeed, Microsoft did initially plan 11 updates for that day but only released ten of them, stating that one had failed to come up to scratch.

IE7 will be distributed to customers as an automatic update, and will be built into Microsoft's forthcoming operating system, Windows Vista. Offering features such as tabbed browsing and a built-in anti-phishing filter, IE7 also offers what Microsoft is calling a 'protected mode'.

Protected mode, says Microsoft, is an "important step forward in security for Internet Explorer". It will only be available in the Windows Vista version of IE7 and according to Microsoft it "significantly reduces the ability of an attack to write, alter or destroy data on the user's machine or to install malicious code."

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2006, 18:05 »
Quote from: "Clive"
...according to Microsoft it "significantly reduces the ability of an attack to write, alter or destroy data on the user's machine or to install malicious code.

As does any decent security software - and Firefox.  :wahh:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum