Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: old dell  (Read 1483 times)

Offline fish4772

old dell
« on: November 05, 2006, 22:43 »
have forgotten my admin pasword,so cant change the boot order in startup any ideas?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: old dell
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 23:11 »
I don't think it will be an easy job, but you might find some help here.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline fish4772

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 17:17 »
Thanx simon...ok ive got it to boot but have also not got my windows log on password...damn things get worse....its a 10 year old laptop why do i bother helping my friends!!!!!!! :ack:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2006, 18:30 »
If you boot up in safe mode then, depending how the accounts have been set up, you can enter the user account settings in the control panel and delete or change the password  ;)

Offline fish4772

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 16:24 »
Ok thanx ill give it ago but how do i boot in safe mode I cant find it in the setup?

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2006, 13:25 »
Press F8 repeatedly as the pc is starting up.
Early pcs used to go straight into safe mode, later ones give you options, if you get options use the up and down arrows to highlight safe mode and press enter.

It can take a while to get into safe mode as they sometimes hang on the screen full of text for a minute or two.
When you are in safe mode the screen will look terrible as its set at a very low resolution and colours as the graphics card drivers arent loaded.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum