Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Top ADSL performers revealed  (Read 615 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Top ADSL performers revealed
« on: December 11, 2006, 17:12 »
BT was the top ADSL broadband provider in terms of overall technical performance during the third quarter of 2006, while Pipex and PlusNet were new entries in the top five.

Topping the table for the second consecutive quarter, BT scored particularly strongly in HTTP download speeds and in the speed of uploads and downloads to consumer webspace, in the test of nine ISPs by Epitiro.

Overall Ranking Q2 2006 Q3 2006
1                       BT         BT 
2                     Virgin      PIPEX 
3                     DEMON    DEMON 
4                       AOL      PlusNet 
5                      Orange   Virgin 

Source: www.epitiro.com

Other new entrants included Pipex and PlusNet, which achieved the highest connection speed during the quarter. PlusNet also registered the fastest ping speed, an important consideration for online gamers.

Epitiro clocked the average connection speed during the quarter at 3817.82Kbps, boosted by the arrival of ADSL Max services which have a theoretical maximum downstream speed of 8Mbps.

The tests measure speed and reliability of participating consumer ADSL broadband providers. It's only the second time the results have been made public, the first being when BT topped the table in the summer.

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Top ADSL performers revealed
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 17:20 »
I wonder why Biscit are not in the top 10..only have to wait for 18/24 hours for emails  o:)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Top ADSL performers revealed
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 17:37 »
I'm very surprised to see Pipex there.  Not only do they offer appalling customer service, but on a supposed 'up to' 8Mb package, I am lucky to receive anything over 2Mbps, and at peak times, my speed is generally lower then 1Mbps.  They also attempt to throttle bit torrent downloads to about 35Kbps, but most of the BT clients now have ways round this.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum