Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Tomorrow's World to return to BBC  (Read 674 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Tomorrow's World to return to BBC
« on: January 05, 2007, 22:31 »
The BBC is bringing back the Tomorrow's World brand to help audiences understand new technologies.

Presenter Maggie Philbin will be offering in-depth analysis on technology stories on TV, radio and the web under the Tomorrow's World banner.

Although the programme - which ran from 1965 to 2003 - will not return, elements such as the logo and title sequence will be revived.

Philbin says using the brand "fits perfectly with technological change".

The 51-year-old, who worked on the programme for eight years, will make her first appearance on BBC One and News 24 on Monday.

Peter Horrocks, head of television news for the BBC, said: "Technological change and its impact on all our lives is one of the big stories of the moment.

"Tomorrow's World was a much-loved programme with a strong and enduring reputation for engaging journalism."

The programme showcased pioneering science as well inventions that never came into commercial use. Its most famous presenter was Raymond Baxter, who died last year aged 84.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Tomorrow's World to return to BBC
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 22:35 »
"Tomorrow's World was a much-loved programme with a strong and enduring reputation for engaging journalism."

So why did they take it off?  It was always a very enjoyable, and informative programme.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2007, 03:43 »
So they are creating a new version on BBC? Sounds pretty good. I hope i can grab it off bittorent.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2007, 09:23 »
Reading between the lines, I don't think they are bringing it back as a stand-alone show.  They merely intend to insert tidbits into news programmes. 

Offline Delgado

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 09:41 »
Nice to see some class stuff coming back-pity its not coming back as a complete programme.

I for one am sick to death of the crap stuff being pumped into our homes at the moment!

:ack:
if you cant do something nice-do nothing!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum