Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: torrent  (Read 1447 times)

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
torrent
« on: January 09, 2007, 20:12 »
So it seems I do  have a problem lol ....................Just when you think its safe to start downloading........... :bawl:

My torrent thingy isn't downloading its staying at 0 - 3 kbs ........

I've had a look round and I think it might be something to do with this port forwarding and setting up a static ip but I'm not sure and I don't really want to go messing about with the settings in networking again cos I've managed to get it right to network the other computer on the crossover cable.

Or is it that port forwarding only for routers? Or is it something to do with my Cable modem.

Or someone said somewhere bit comet might be better to try.

Any idea's guys and gals?
Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: torrent
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 20:18 »
It might be worth trying another torrent client, simply for the reason that it will be set up 'as new', so should offer some sort of connection wizard.  Try http://www.utorrent.com/:)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 20:30 »
Well.........thanks for that Simon its seems to work better, I've only just turned it on and its up to 70 kbs now, what should it be?

Oh when I just click on it again its down to 36 now lol

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 20:43 »
It depends on the number of seeds and peers, Michelle, which can alter your donwload rate.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 22:24 »
Yes, it's very variable.  In uTorrent, go to Options > Preferences > BitTorrent, and make sure Protocol Encryption is enabled.  That should bypass any port throttling your ISP may be implimenting, and you should get the fullest speed connection the torrent allows.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2007, 22:28 »
Ah right, thanks alot, it seems great now!  Glad I didn't go changing all those settings in connections.

Saved by Pals again  :D ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum