Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: blank screen  (Read 1430 times)

Offline chelseamick

blank screen
« on: January 20, 2007, 20:06 »
My screen has just gone blank without any warning and I wonder what is causing it. It has happened a couple of times and I have to reboot the computer to restore it. when restated everything appears ok. Has anybody any ideas?
I had a Radion 96ooTX graphics card fitted by Medion about six months ago which replaced a Radion 9800XL(the original card)
Thanks for any help

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: blank screen
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 21:35 »
have you installed any new games recently or anynew hardware?

has it happended again? it could have just been a one off  :dunno:
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2007, 00:09 »
Might be worth starting with the basics, and checking the connections between the monitor and the graphics card port, then perhaps pop the case open, earth yourself, and check that the graphics card is securely seated.  Another idea might be to reinstall the graphics card drivers.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Michelle

• Forum Fanatic
    • Techieminx
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2007, 01:16 »
have you had any message warnings come up? or u just have a black or blue screen?

i have these all the time lol

Out of all the things I've lost .......I miss my mind the most!!

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2007, 03:40 »
Hi chelseamick and  :welcome:

I had a new graphics card fitted by Medion like yourself and the bloke who fitted it forgot to download that latest drivers for it.

If you go to the medion site and look for your graphics card you should see the latest drivers for it.

Download and install.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline chelseamick

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2007, 14:18 »
Thanks for your advise Lona about reinstalling my graphics card drivers. I have done that but I had to alter my display to 1024x768 pixels and somehow I seem to have removed the standby facility on the "turn of the computer" box.  Have you any idea how to retrieve it as it is very useful

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2007, 14:31 »
I would think if you select power options via control panel, you should be able to revert back to standby option from there.

http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline chelseamick

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2007, 14:13 »
I appear to now have standby but have no idrs how.  Many thanks for all your help

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum