Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: HARD DRIVE  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
Re: HARD DRIVE
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 00:08 »
So you can use your Slave drive ok now ?

I am a little confused that you say that the OS is on the 3rd partition of your primary drive.
Normally it would be on the first partition.

If C was your first partition then you should be able to delete all the 3 non OS partitions in Disk Management.
Just right click on each partition and select delete, you will lose all data on those partitions and windows will warn you about this.
After you have deleted the extra 3 partitions you can then right click in the unallocated space (the space that the 3 partitions were on will now be merged into one unallocated space), then create a new partition, use the maximum size it allows if you want to use all the spare capacity as a single partition, otherwise select the size you require for each partition if you want 2 or more partitions.

I assume that you are running 98 or ME if you have your OS on a 5 gig partition, is this correct ?

If you want to make all your Master drive a single partition with just your OS on it, without wiping and reinstalling your OS then you will need to use a program such as Partition Magic.
That will allow you to increase your OS partition by taking some of the spare capacity of the drive.
It may allow you to use all of the drive but I am not 100% certain of that as it needs to use part of the drive space to manage the files its moving as it resizes the partitions.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum