Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer  (Read 941 times)

Offline sam

• Administrator
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
« on: January 04, 2007, 13:50 »
When my girlfirend told me the film was going to be about a guy who kills people to find the best perfume I was thinking New York guns and chasses. Then we sit down in the cinema and she goes "you know this is a period drama, right?" .... my response "WHAT" which she followed with "and that its set in France"... well lets just say I was not happy, though I had popcorn and minstrels so I was happy!

Anyway the film wasn't bad, I dont actually mind period films, not that lovey uped drama crap, but stuff with battles. This film was plain and simply odd and actually rather interesting. It wasn't particularly grumesome or anything but the fish market got my stomach going...

The speil for the film is:

Jean-Baptiste Grenouille, born in the stench of eighteenth century Paris, develops a superior olfactory sense, which he uses to create the world's finest perfumes. His work, however, takes a dark turn as he tries to preserve scents in the search for the ultimate perfume.

I would actually recommend it as an interesting and indeed entertaining watch but I can't put my finger on it, there was something odd about it.

- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Re: Perfume: The Story of a Murderer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 23:21 »
Weird movie, Sam but like you I quite enjoyed it. :)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 09:49 »
very weird..!! :-)
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline TR

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 13:58 »
What a load of tosh that fil was.. >:(

Show unread posts since last visit.