Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Set up your Sky+ box online  (Read 1614 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Set up your Sky+ box online
« on: February 28, 2007, 13:15 »
Missing your favourite programme because you've forgotten to set your Sky Plus box could become a thing of the past.

Sky has introduced a service called Remote Record online that will enable you to set up your Sky Plus or Sky HD box to record over the internet. Sky already offers its customers the ability to control recording schedules with their mobile phones.

"Remote Record is perfect for those situations when you hear about a TV show and want to record it there and then, if you're stuck late at work or if you've simply forgotten to record that programme you want to watch. It's about making TV fit around people's increasingly busy lives," said Stephen Van Rooyen, director of product management at Sky.

The service is free and can be accessed by visiting www.sky.com/remoterecord, where you can also use Sky's seven-day TV guide. Around 2.2 million households in the UK have Sky Plus or Sky HD boxes installed.

http://www.sky.com/remoterecord/

Offline DJ

• Established Member
Re: Set up your Sky+ box online
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 18:38 »
Yeah I've been using this for a while now on my mobile.

You can either text your sky box or access the tv guide using WAP or wifi. I use WiFi on my mobile to access and set recordings on my sky+ box.

Never had a problem with it so far - just give it 30 mins or so to get to your sky+ box.

DJ

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum