Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Windows fails second virus test  (Read 1094 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Windows fails second virus test
« on: March 05, 2007, 16:00 »
Microsoft's Live OneCare security software has failed tests which check how well it spots and stops malicious programs designed to attack Windows.

BBC STORY

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Windows fails second virus test
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 16:36 »
Why do they bother?  Windows Defender is about as useful as a chocolate teapot, and One Care could be likened to a one legged man in an arse kicking contest.  Perhaps if Micro$oft concentrated more on their operating systems, and less on trying to infiltrate the security software market, which expert companies like Symantec, F-Secure and Kaspersky do much better, they might actually come up with something half decent.

:rant:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:45 »
Come on Simon, tell us how you really feel. ;D
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 12:55 »
:lol:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 01:46 »
Oh yeah, symantec does a fantastic job. *sarcasm* No software is bulletproof. That includes linux and unix. The only reason they aren't being attacked as much as microsoft is because they aren't in the headlights of the public. When i see microsoft trying to develop anti-malware software I'm happy to see them actually trying to lay down some preventative measures. Remember when those viruses were released for OSX. It took apple almost three quarters of a year to come out with the patches. At least I see microsoft making an effort.

As for being competition for other malware scanners, I say its a good thing. Competition means a higher grade of product. Maybe if microsoft gets in the game symantic will get its s**t together.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 01:51 by Bobscrachy »

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 09:39 »
I have heard very good reports about Norton Internet Security 2007, Bob.  It seems they have addressed many of the issues which made earlier versions so unpopular.

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 03:19 »
I have heard very good reports about Norton Internet Security 2007, Bob.  It seems they have addressed many of the issues which made earlier versions so unpopular.

I wonder if this version will need its own removal tool.  ;)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 12:10 »
It's already got one!  Some things never change.  ;D

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum