Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Life On Mars  (Read 1595 times)

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
Life On Mars
« on: February 15, 2007, 01:45 »
Does anyone else here watch Life On Mars?  I love it!  They broadcast episode 2 of the new series last night on BBC4 and it was such a Starsky & Hutch spoof.  Instead of Huggy bear, their 'snout' (oh yes... they used that word :) ) was on old woman in a street news vendor's kiosk.  After talking to her briefly, DCI Hunt turned round and said, "The word on the street is..."

:D

The only element missing was the red Ford Torino with a white stripe; so they whizzed round Manchester in a Ford Cortina.

Great fun!

Gill

There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Life On Mars
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:53 »
Yes, I'm a big fan too.  I enjoyed the first series last year and saw episode 1 of the 2nd series on BBC1 Tuesday evening.  Then I switched over to BBC4 for episode 2 which was about the police superintendent masterminding criminal activity. 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 09:45 »
I like it too.  I saw all but the first episode of the first series, and have never managed to catch it since, despite numerous repeats, and have recorded the first two of the new series, but haven't got round to watching them yet.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline GillE

• Forum Fanatic
  • Never totally serious
    • Gill's East Lindsey Camera
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 02:08 »
It's over  :cry: .

I really liked the suggestion that the best thing modern police officers can do is to throw themselves from the top of a very high building.

Don't do it, Sam!!!

Oh...... okay then.

;D

Gill
There is no opinion, however absurd, which men will not readily embrace as soon as they can be brought to the conviction that it is readily adopted.

(Schopenhauer, Die Kunst Recht zu Behalten)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 02:24 »
Theres a sequel planned which should be shown next year Gill.

It will be called Ashes to Ashes, the title from another Bowie album.

No Sam Tyler in it but DCI Hunt and a female as the main characters, moved to London and set in the 80s.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 08:48 »
I have to say that I was a little disappointed with last night's final episode.  Painstakingly slow and a sad ending.  Still, I suppose it was better than most of the garbage they show on the telly!  It will be interesting to see if the sequel is any good as they rarely are!

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum