Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: On the Move Again  (Read 2115 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
On the Move Again
« on: April 23, 2007, 23:24 »
I've decided to move from Eclipse not because my connection is that bad, no worse than when I was with Pipex but they can't seem to sort out their email servers.

I've got my Mac code and thinking of going to Zen.

My only reservation is the 20gig limit per month.  I have no idea how much I use per month.

Anyway I have till the 23rd of May to make my mind up before Mac code becomes out of date.
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: On the Move Again
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 08:21 »
Oh, I thought they had sorted out their email problems.  That's not good then is it?  Before you go to Zen (who, incidentally, are in my shortlist), have a quick look at Aquiss, Lona.  They have a forum on the website, and there are some complaints (as usual, there are always some whingers), but overall, people seem happy, and at least the support guys post on the forums.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 11:04 »
Force9 / Plus net have just brought out a new range of products.

Not sure how they compare to zen, basically they have 1Gb = £9.99, 8Gb = £14.99, 20Gb = £19.99 or 40Gb = £29.99 Or you can choose your own allowance each month and they will charge you accordingly.

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/?WT.ac=oa_home_bbyw_0407

They are all on 1 month contracts.

I have been with F9 for some years now and not had any problems, the only ones I am aware of are with there email servers last year, which as far as i know they have fixed - I don't use them for email  ;D

Let us know who you choose,

DJ
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 11:06 by DJ »

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 13:06 »
Thanks for that DJ.  That £9.99 a month deal is very useful for an occasional user owning a holiday cottage or flat.   ;)

Offline DJ

• Established Member
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2007, 13:28 »
Thanks for that DJ.  That £9.99 a month deal is very useful for an occasional user owning a holiday cottage or flat.   ;)

Yes, it is quite flexible. For example choosing a 2GB limit is only £10.74 (extra 1 GB is 75p).

I have never used over 7GB a month, so have changed to there 8GB option at £14.99 - down from £21.99 on the previous options.  If i need to I can upgrade this at a later date.  Will let you know how I get on.

DJ

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum