Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Medion TFT LCD Monitor.  (Read 1422 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Medion TFT LCD Monitor.
« on: May 13, 2007, 07:07 »
Michael has a 19" Medion TFT LCD Monitor, which unfortunately he takes with his PC to friends places to Lan. Now it has developed a couple of connection problems. (Go Figure)

The end that goes into the PC, the cord that connects to that plug is, how to say? a little touchy. Sometimes the screen looks like it has a blue wash over it, wiggle it a bit and it's fine again.

Now the other end, into the monitor. It also is a little touchy, if bumped, it goes a little blurry.... I can't really tell, unless I have my glasses on. ;D            But apparently very annoying.   But not as annoying as a kid that insists on taking his monitor when I have said no a hundred times, but given in after being reassured it will be alright. >:(

I suppose it needs a cable replacement, but I'm just hoping that there is a none expensive way of fixing this. (Definition of expensive: Anything that involves money)

And a Happy Mothers Day to all other exasperated :crazy: mothers out there.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Medion TFT LCD Monitor.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 10:12 »
A cable replacement would be the cheapest and easiest option, providing the actual connectors on the monitor or the PC haven't been damaged.  A new cable should be available at any PC store, and shouldn't be too expensive.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 10:19 »
I just went in to have a look, "DON'T TOUCH IT".

So I guess I have to wait for when it's not in use.  :dunno:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 10:29 »
Michael has a 19" Medion TFT LCD Monitor, which unfortunately he takes with his PC to friends places to Lan.

I just went in to have a look, "DON'T TOUCH IT".

Why not let Michael fix it then?!   ::) ;)

Oh, and we had our Mother's Day in March - which I forgot  :blush:  but I hope you have a nice day!   :wub:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 10:32 »
Good idea, Michael can take in to TAFE and fix it there. (TAFE, Technical And Further Education)

Oh, I didn't realise that the English Mother's Day wasn't the same as here, wonder why?  :dunno:

And thankyou, I did. ;D

« Last Edit: May 13, 2007, 10:36 by mistybear »

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 11:47 »

Oh, I didn't realise that the English Mother's Day wasn't the same as here, wonder why?  :dunno:

It always upset my mum that she never got a mothers day card off my brother.
His excuse was that he never knew when the UK one was but I am sure if hed sent her one on the Aussie mothers day then shed have been really thrilled, as shed have had 2 mothers days a year that way  :(

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum