Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Instant message links to worm  (Read 576 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Instant message links to worm
« on: May 18, 2007, 11:12 »
An instant message that alerts you to a video clip of US President George W Bush letting his hair down is cover for a worm, security experts have warned.

The messages, usually written in Spanish, pop up on your MSN Messenger and contain a link to an infected webpage. Though there is a video of Bush dancing, it disguises a worm that will steal your contact list.

Similar to the Yahoo Messenger worm that we reported earlier this week, the worm then sends the same message to people on the contact list, spreading the infection.

?Using fake and real stories about world political leaders is a tried and tested way of malware proliferation,? says Rohini Sonawane, chief operating officer at MicroWorld.

?From death stories of Vladimir Putin, to the heart attack of Australian Prime Minister to the resurrection of Boris Yeltsin, these ploys have always triggered an instant reaction from a good number of computer users,? said Sonawane.

http://www.mwti.net/

Offline Reno

• Established Member
  • ø¤º° bob °º¤ø
Re: Instant message links to worm
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2007, 08:09 »
lmfao, people use to do that stuff in aim chatrooms all the time. If you use a different application then the standard aim or msn messenger you should be alright I think. I use trillian and i've never had any trouble with virii.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum