Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Norton Costs.  (Read 2967 times)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Norton Costs.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2007, 16:42 »
Probably either AVG or Comodo blocking scripts.  What browser are you using?
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline JK

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 11:46 »
Hi.
I have found what the problem was, Norton!
After having removed Norton I thought that I should try the Norton removal software. After running it, all is now working fine. It appears using Windows deleate Norton is not enought.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 19:03 »
Norton is notoriously difficult to remove properly, via the usual methods, which is why they have been forced to provide the removal tool.  Without reading through the thread again, I don't know if this had been suggested to you, but sorry if it wasn't.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline JK

« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2007, 20:57 »
Hi
I would like to express my thanks to davy51 for the firewall recommendation. It's a great free programe.
Comlpeted the Shields Up test with a perfect score.
I tried the Norton scan and it said that I had no antivirus software on my pc. Thought that I had a problem until I read that this is common if the anti virus is non norton product.
My software used to be Norton personal firewall 2004 and antivirus 2005. The pre expiry update cost was £16.
After both products expired the renewal cost was just under £30 for the anti virus and £16 for the firewall.
The price appeared to make me want to chose an updated product rather than renew my subscription.
I did note the the subscrition renewal costs in the UK are the same in GBP as the USD price?
Purchased the firewall on amazon brand new and sealed for £5.
Anyway I have noticed a very marked inprovement in my PC's performance since getting rid of Norton.
The PC boots and runs much faster.
Thank you all for your help and advice.

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2007, 07:49 »
If "Norton antivirus" was free i still would not use it, "Norton antivirus" slows your computer down badly and also is difficult to remove once installed. Norton virtually admit this fault by providing a help site on the web with software to remove it.
Norton is notoriously difficult to remove properly, via the usual methods, which is why they have been forced to provide the removal tool.  Without reading through the thread again, I don't know if this had been suggested to you, but sorry if it wasn't.  :)

:o:

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2007, 14:28 »
i tried norton it gave me so many problems
couldnt connect to the internet it wouldnt let me run some programs after i allowed them
the problems were so many i decided windows firewall had to be better
and that is a shame

now i use comodo and havent really had a problem one on windows
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum