Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Weird Noise  (Read 1161 times)

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
Weird Noise
« on: July 17, 2007, 19:48 »
I was having terrible problems with a weird noise which I can only describe as a fog horn in the distance coming from my PC.

It was intermittent and really had me worried.  Was it my hard drive wearing out, was it my PSU clogged with dirt or was it something more serious.

I took side panel off PC and cleaned it thoroughly. Noise still persisted so I thought I will have to phone Medion and see what the problem was.

My daughter was up at the week-end and I was letting her hear the noise and she said it sounded like a mobile phone vibrating.

My phone is never switched on as I only use it when I'm out in the car.

It dawned on me that my son had given me his mobile phone to sell on Ebay and it was lying near PC.  The idiot had not switched it off and it was lost calls causing it to vibrate.

What a fool I felt but it just shows you how you can panic when you here strange noises that might or not might be coming from your PC  :embarassed:
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Re: Weird Noise
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 19:58 »
What a relief!!   8-)

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 00:39 »
Daft old bat springs to mind  ;D   :drink:

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 04:35 »
I started reading this with some interest as my pc is making weird noises when I first turn it on. I don't own a mobile phone, damn it.

Michael took the side off and took the GFX card out and it was clogged with dust and cat hair, gave it a good clean. But it still makes a weird noise when I first turn it on. Michael knew the GFX card was a problem as the screen was shaking a little, I thought it was the monitor.  :crazy:
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Lona

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 18:07 »
Daft old bat springs to mind  ;D   :drink:

Takes one to know one.  ;)
http://dinah.www.idnet.com/chrisisaac.swf

If one took the Scots out of the world, it would fall apart
Dr. Louis B Wright, Washington DC, National Geographic (1964), from Donald MacDonald, Edinburgh :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum