Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Dropped a b*llock!  (Read 3469 times)

Offline gmax

• Established Member
Re: Dropped a b*llock!
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 12:53 »
Thanks gmax.  That driver, and the one I also found myself, is dated 2005, and when I just went to install it, it said "To support AGP 3.0", so presumably that still wouldn't be any good.  I'm guessing I'm looking at a new motherboard here, and it really isn't worth it for one game.

A new motherboard, cpu, would be the best option, you might need" DDR 2" ram also, depending on what board you get.

Offline gmax

• Established Member
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 13:08 »
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=16
Simon,The Via 4 -1 drivers on the Abit download page, are the ones recommended for your M/B, the drivers on the above link are later versions but they are recommended for later model M/B's , have a look at the link above. I would install the Via 4-1 driver from the Abit site, it will be a later version driver that what you have now. 

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 13:32 »
It starts to snowball doesn't it.....
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2007, 14:08 »
http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?id=16
Simon,The Via 4 -1 drivers on the Abit download page, are the ones recommended for your M/B, the drivers on the above link are later versions but they are recommended for later model M/B's , have a look at the link above. I would install the Via 4-1 driver from the Abit site, it will be a later version driver that what you have now. 

I downloaded and installed (I think) the drivers from the Abit site, and it's made no difference whatsoever.  In fact, I don't even know if the update has installed, because, according to AIDA32, it's still on AGP version 2.0, when the update should have installed version 3.0.  I don't know what I'm doing wrong, as it goes through the installation process, and asks for a reboot, yet nothing seems to have been changed.

Oh well, I can't be arsed with it any more, so I'm going to put the stupid game away, and wait until I do a full upgrade at some point in the future.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2007, 22:47 »
Sorry guys, should have said, thanks for the help!   :blush:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum