Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: HP Laserjet 1100  (Read 1256 times)

Offline warfy

• New Registration
HP Laserjet 1100
« on: September 20, 2007, 20:16 »
Hi, great site and please forgive if in wrong area as a newby:

Have (had) an HP Laserjet 1100 mono printer, Compaq Presario PC running Windows XP.

Printer was working well, had a paper jam, cleared that and all nice and clean. Did notice it used to toss out a few extra sheets of unprinted paper before problem but now it won't run at all  :bawl:

I know, you'll tell me the darned thing is too old but it work great. Re-installed software, but the engine won't run. It'll wind up when you open the front door and close for a few seconds and the Big green light flicks on and off, then the orange light continues to blink on/off.

Don't want to buy new toner cartridge until I know its got a reasonable chance of running. Is there a way of testing the engine to see if that runs properly before dumping?

Many thanks for any help - warfy

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: HP Laserjet 1100
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 20:43 »
Hi Warfy, and  :welcome:

I don't have any experience of that printer myself, but hopefully someone will be along soon who can help.  :)

In the meantime, are you sure that there are no remnants of the paper jam left behind?  I'm just wondering if a tiny bit of paper in the wrong place, might be enough to fool it into thinking there's still a jam.  :dunno:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: HP Laserjet 1100
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 00:49 »
Warfy - what does the manual say that the light sequence indicates? I just wonder if you might have some paper trapped, as Simon suggests, or an issue with the fuser.
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum