Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: CODEC Help  (Read 2298 times)

Offline Kaz

• Im getting There Slowly But Surely
CODEC Help
« on: October 25, 2007, 09:18 »
Hi Everyone,
I need some help for my Cousin in Canada, while she was over visiting us this summer she bought a new camera/video while she was here, and it played ok on her old Computer but now she has bought a new PC (VISTA) and the Video will play but without any sound she has emailed it too me and it plays fine on real player, so I told her to download realplayer also DivX but it still wont play with the sound.
I have the Codec code (0010-8000-00AA00389B71) just wondering does anyone know about Codec before I start looking and has anyone had the same problem and could give me some advice on the matter please :dunno:

Thanks

When you stop having dreams and ideals -- well, you might as well stop altogether.

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: CODEC Help
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 10:54 »
hmm, no - it might be worth her downloading xvid as well, in case - or try Video Lan Client (VLC) - that normally plays most things...
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 10:55 »
oh and what software was she using on xp, was it bundled with the camera-if so there might be (unlikely though) a Vista version
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2007, 11:29 »
I came across this free program a couple of days ago that may help :

http://www.kcsoftwares.com/index.php?vtb

Video Inspector should tell her which codecs she needs, if it is a codec problem.

Offline Kaz

• Im getting There Slowly But Surely
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2007, 14:19 »
Thanks for the help again do you have the web sites for Xvid and VLC please

Cheers

When you stop having dreams and ideals -- well, you might as well stop altogether.

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum