Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: speed seem slow  (Read 2903 times)

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
Re: speed seem slow
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2008, 12:19 »
Thank you all for such a warm welcome.hope to be able to contribute to this snug little forum Happy Easter to you all :hello:

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 12:31 »
Hi Badpianoplaer and to Pc-pals.

I've just taken up BT's offer of option 3 where they state first 3 months for free excluding line rental.  Imagine my surprise when my DD went up from £10.50 to £19.50 overnight.  I phoned up to complain and got India ofcourse who said it was the system and it couldn't be changed.  I then phoned a free phone number which is in the UK who told me I would be refunded with my next bill which is 3 months away.  BT can do what they like and get away with it. Why should my bill run on credit which gives them the use of my money to do with what they wish. :ack:
I know I'm heading back to the biggest liberty takers but there is no real option for me as the world of telecommunication is changing on an almost daily basis and I am playing safe and going where I know they wont be selling up tomorrow to someone else its not ideal and I agree with you totally but im not sure we have a great deal of choice when it comes to the crunch,sometimes its better the devil you know,and as Tiscali,in my mind anyway is not that stable by the accounts I have read I can do without the worry of it,without a line there is no broadband so I will take the safe option  :dunno:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 15:27 »
The trouble it, BT know there's no other option for some people, so they get away with it.  That said, I can't say I've had any real problems with them, but it's galling to have to say for a BT line, which I wouldn't otherwise use, so that I can have broadband.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2008, 16:20 »
Think of it as an Openreach line, Simon. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2008, 18:15 »
Ah yes, that makes me feel a whole lot better!
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2008, 18:19 »
I knew it would. ;)
Slainthe!

Rik

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum