Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Losing Wireless connection.  (Read 2937 times)

Offline JK

Re: Losing Wireless connection.
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2008, 01:57 »
It appears to be skype and comodo firewall together which has caused my problems.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2008, 09:42 »
There are other free firewalls, JK.  I wouldn't usually recommend it, but Zone Alarm might be worth a try, to see if it works better with Skype.  Do you have the latest version of Comodo, and are you sure it's configured correctly?  Just one other thing, you haven't got Windows Firewall on as well, have you?  If so, it's best to switch it off, as two firewalls running together isn't generally advisable.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline JK

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2008, 21:20 »
Hi Simon
If I allow skype permission, with comodo then close skype, I appear not to have the wireless disconnection??
Cannot understand why?

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2008, 21:42 »
Sorry, so you're saying that you only get disconnection problems with Skype running?  I don't think I can help, as I don't actually use either Skype or Comodo, but just wanted to clarify the issue.  You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but does Skype connect to the phone line?  Anything that's connected to your phone line, in addition to your usual phone connection and your broadband, has the potential to cause problems.  If Skype connects to your phone line, have you checked that your ADSL microfilter is connected correctly, and that Skype passes through it? 
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2008, 22:09 »
nah skype just used the network connection... hmmm, ive heard of incompatibilities with skype before ... worth browsing their support forums
- sam | @starrydude --

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum