Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Upgrading Graphics Card ??  (Read 1990 times)

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

Upgrading Graphics Card ??
« on: June 17, 2008, 14:47 »
I have a Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe M/B ,Ge Force 6200 Turbo Cache(TM) & a  2232 BW Samsung Syncmaster monitor ,I want to change the GC to a Ge Force 8800GTS ,But this card has dual DVI outputs ,The problem is I don't get a signal when using the DVI connection any ideas ?.....Jim

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Upgrading Graphics Card ??
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 21:05 »
Hi Jim, sorry no one's responded to your question yet.   :(

I found something elsewhere which may be of some use:

"Most monitors that have DVI inputs use DVI-D signaling, or digital. If the DVI port on the card is a DVI-A (A for Ananlog) then it won't run the display. A DVI-I port does both. If you have a display with an analong (blue) cord then you can pop a DVI-VGA adapter onto the DVI port and see if it works. if it does then the DVI ports are analog or possibly DVI-I."

Also, have you looked in the Graphics Card settings to see if there's a switch to output the DVI signal?

That's all I can think of for now, but hopefully someone will be around later with some more ideas.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 22:26 »
I have a Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe M/B ,Ge Force 6200 Turbo Cache(TM) & a  2232 BW Samsung Syncmaster monitor ,I want to change the GC to a Ge Force 8800GTS ,But this card has dual DVI outputs ,The problem is I don't get a signal when using the DVI connection any ideas ?.....Jim

sorry which one do you not get the signal from, the existing one or the new one?
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2008, 16:36 »
Sorted now guys ,had to manually change the settings in Display Properties  :blush:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2008, 20:40 »
That was going to be my next suggestion.  ;D
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum