Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Add 2nd monitor  (Read 2051 times)

Offline David

• Loyal Member
  • http://Wormdive_2
Add 2nd monitor
« on: July 14, 2008, 21:24 »
Wanting to add a 2nd monitor to run alongside this have seen laptops looks very practical is there any warnings before I try it out with this newish laptop > :o:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Add 2nd monitor
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 21:49 »
Never done that, so can't help you myself, David, but I'm sure someone will soon.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 22:41 »
Tony's the expert at that! 

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 23:35 »
Maybe not from Turkey, though!   ;)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2008, 00:47 »
Do you mean to show the same as whats on the laptops display or as an extended desktop David ?

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2008, 10:03 »
Thanks all I intend use the 2nd monitor as an extension,so can work on two things at once.tried it out and can get the desktop of the lap top on the 2nd monitor so I can have say one website on the laptop but on the larger monitor can only,so far get the desktop but no icons,so Im nearly there.I think it has something to do with configuration.....so close  :-\

Offline Sandra

• Ultimate Member
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008, 13:07 »
You need to go into the monitor properties and select the extended desktop option for monitor 2 not clone.
Actually I think that you may already be set up for that from what you have said   :)

The first time that you use an extended desktop it can be a little confusing.
Open a program or a webpage on the laptops screen then drag it over to the other monitor with the mouse, depending on the way its configured the second monitor either left or right. It sounds like your primary monitor is the laptops so it will have the extra one as the secondary off to the right, even if it is physically to the left of the laptop. Most people will place the second monitor to the right in your setup to save confusion.
Once the window is on the second monitor it operates independantly of monitor 1 and will work as usual on monitor 2
 :)

Offline David

• Loyal Member
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008, 15:05 »
 :thanks: Blimey I think I got something right  (must have been a fluke) I couldnt figure how to get the work over to 2nd Monitor but did configure it in the way you have worked out Sandra..thank you... :-*

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum