Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Upgrading a Medion 8383XL.  (Read 24730 times)

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
Re: Upgrading a Medion 8383XL.
« Reply #90 on: November 25, 2008, 08:24 »
It has been so long since I bought that RAM, and after buying the 2x2GB DDR2 earlier this year, for the new motherboard and CPU, I just assumed that it was DDR2. Michael says that it's DDR1 and I'm just a crazy old.......... No he didn't quite go that far, as he's still breathing.
So lets just pretend I haven't posted anything silly and I'll just shut up now and stay away from anything technical.  :blush:  :crazy:
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #91 on: November 25, 2008, 09:44 »
Hey, how did we all while away our time, before we all got the PC bug?

And you stick in there Misty, because the best bit about screwing up, is you usually come out the other side knowing more than you did previously.

How long have you had that Medion, and what was the original spec on it?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 09:47 by Tony »
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Offline mistybear

• Forum Fanatic
« Reply #92 on: November 25, 2008, 10:14 »
I have a fair idea what I used to do Tony. Put it this way, the lawn needs mowing, the house needs vacuuming and I've haven't been on a bush walk for over a year. Well the not going for a bush walk has more to do with something else.

I think we bought Michael's Medion 8383 in 2004. The only thing left of it is the HardDrive, as it has the original OS on it but everything else has been replaced. I have one as well, not sure when I bought mine, it's an ex demo, possibly 2 years ago maybe.  :dunno:

This is what it had originally, I now have the 2x1GB Kingston RAM I bought for Michael's.

Intel Pentium 4  3.0
Western Digital 250GB HD with *mb Cache 7200pm.
Pioneer 16x Duel Layer Multi Formated DVD/CD Writer
16x DVD-ROM
512MB Memory DDR 400MHz 64bit duel channel memory (one bank free for upgrading
USB 2.0 6XUSB 2.0
GeForce 6610 XL Graphics Card 128MB DDR3 Memory at 800MHz PCI-Express x 16 bus architecture.
Stereo TV Card FM Card
Wireless network access WLAN 54Mbit IEEE 802.11b compatible
Medion 10/100 Mbit Fast Ethernet

One thing that it does have that Michael needs is Bluetooth. Michael's new phone has Bluetooth and the only way he can access it is through this computer. I hadn't used it, didn't even knew whether it worked or not. Well it does.
Those who can make you believe absurdities,
can make you commit atrocities.

Offline Tony

• Loyal Member
    • http://www.sugrue.ndo.co.uk
« Reply #93 on: November 25, 2008, 10:39 »
Bluetooth,

yes very handy for transferring images and music and stuff to  mobile phones. My PC ain't got bluetooth, but I bought a Medion Bluetooth dongle from Aldi a couple of year back. I was in Turkey on holiday at the time, but my Son was over from Kaz, and he queued up at Aldi for their Laptop offering. So I got him to get me a bluetooth dongle that they also had on offer. They seem to do themes on their offer days, it could be mechanics tackle on week, fishing the next and so on.

Now funny thing, is I just spoke to him on the phone, he has just landed at Schipol [Amsterdam] airport, then he connects to a UK flight this afternoon. He is after one of those smaller laptops, as he is on a course in London in December. He says he does not like his Medion laptop, he just does not like Vista, and says the laptop it's self is just to bulky. I said that's OK, your Mum wants a laptop, so he will bring it over next time he is here. So that will be her parked up in the living room playing solo card games, and me and the grandson playing COD 4 and World at War on our respective desktops in the office Bunker  ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008, 10:42 by Tony »
Athiesm is a non-prophet organization.

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum