Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Our main PC has been infected by this!  (Read 1344 times)

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

Our main PC has been infected by this!
« on: January 04, 2009, 20:58 »

<6D794CB4-C7CD-4C6F-BFDC-9B77AFBDC02C>I am using my laptop, anyone have any idea how to get rid off it,I ran the PC in safe mode which kept closing,but couldn't  even use Restore or update my Anti Virus Steganos! to run the program I managed to run the anti spyware in Zone Alarm the Registry key above showed up ,advised me to delete it as it was a Trojan which I did from the Registry but it keeps reappearing it's driving me mad can anyone help?....Jim

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
Re: Our main PC has been infected by this!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 23:21 »
Hi Jim,

First, I would try Super Anti Spyware (free edition), and / or Malwarebytes, both in Safe Mode, and see if they can rectify things.  Come back to us and let us know how you get on.  :)
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline TOFFEEMAN1878

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 03:39 »
Sorry about the delay in replying Simon, almost cleared now with the help of these guys link to the topic http://forums.techguy.org/malware-removal-hijackthis-logs/786762-my-main-pc-has-been.html#post6394277 For anyone having same sort of problem.  My problems started when was using Adobe Updater, apparently there have been problems with Adobe Reader !.......Jim

Offline davy51

• Loyal Member
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2009, 14:25 »
Try disconnecting from the internet before you you delete it from the registry
It sounds like it reinstalling as you delete it

On another computer download malware bytes to a cd and then install it while disconnected from the internet
Dave

Don't walk behind me, I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend

Albert Camus

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2009, 16:39 »
Thanks for letting us know, Jim.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum