Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: Is it the end of the desktop PC?  (Read 643 times)

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
Is it the end of the desktop PC?
« on: January 07, 2009, 23:18 »

Offline sam

• Administrator
Re: Is it the end of the desktop PC?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 08:29 »
I love my lightweight laptop but you can never beat the umph of a proper desktop machine.. i think people are buying these as additions to their computation not in replace of. I doubt you will ever convince proper gamers, or coders to swap permanently.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 09:42 »
I wouldn't swap permanently to a laptop either.  It's OK for some things, but like Sam said, mine doesn't have the power of my desktop, and to get one which does, would be very expensive.  I also still find a mouse a lot easier to use than a laptop pad, and it's nice to use a full sized alpha numeric keyboard too.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline sam

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 10:00 »
yes, that's a good point, but you could buy a mouse to plug in, but then you are just looking at a desktop environment again - laptop touch pads don't have the sensitivity to do f*** all.
- sam | @starrydude --

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2009, 10:39 »
Yes, if you use a mouse, you've got to have something to 'mouse' it on.  I've occasionally used a table mat while sitting on the bed or the sofa, but it's not ideal, and you end up thinking bugger it, and starting up the Desktop.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum