Sponsor for PC Pals Forum

Author Topic: PC sales to see worst fall in history  (Read 2398 times)

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
Re: PC sales to see worst fall in history
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2009, 17:35 »
That's 2.19p a mile. :)
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
  • First to score 7/7 in Quiz of The Week's News 2017
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2009, 17:39 »
So, £336 for tyres, leaving £541 for brakes?  I must be out of touch, as I thought brake pads were about fifty quid.
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2009, 17:48 »
Clive had discs as well.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2009, 17:50 »
Ah, missed that bit.   :blush:
Many thanks to all our members, who have made PC Pals such an outstanding success!   :thumb:

Offline Clive

• Administrator
  • Won Quiz of the Year 2015,2016,2017, 2020, 2021
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2009, 17:51 »
These days you invariably have to change the discs as well as the pads Simon.  Oh, I had a brake fluid change while I was at it.  If I had taken it to Jaguar then it would have cost a lot more than that!  KwikFit will now replace the pads free of charge for as long as I keep the car.   8-)

Offline Camstop

• Loyal Member
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2009, 18:02 »
 :-X :-X :-X

I had fraud on my CC recently.

Someone had passed all my security and asked for a new card to be sent to a new address  ::)

Anyway i called the fraud team and sorted it out and when i got my new card and tried to activate it the girl said i'd given her the wrong address  :brickwall:

She asked me if i knew of anyone finding out my details but i quickly replied it must have been an inside job as no one knows them and you don't need to enter use this security unless your talking to them.

So back on to the fraud team and he said ok you can use the card anyway and if you get any problems get back in touch with him  ::)

They also put me on CIFAS crime prevention which means i need to use 2 new passwords that i gave him if i want to open any visa or get any loan from any lender  ::)

It's just a part of life now a days, ebay hacked twice, credit card fraud a couple of times but i haven't lost anything through it  erm that i know of  ':|

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2009, 18:24 »
That's 2.19p a mile. :)

Looking at it that way seems very expensive! 

It's just a part of life now a days, ebay hacked twice, credit card fraud a couple of times but i haven't lost anything through it  erm that i know of  ':|

I've had a couple of fraudulant transactions on Capital One but they have always spotted it before any harm is done.  I think having the second card refused was the most embarrassing.  Fortunately there were no other customers in the waiting room but it still made me feel like a criminal. 

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2009, 18:27 »
That's always the hard part, feeling acutely embarrassed and just hoping that the second card works.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2009, 19:15 »
You're lucky you could remember all the different PINs, Clive.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #24 on: March 03, 2009, 22:01 »
I didn't get as far as the pin entering ritual Simon.  As soon as each card was placed in the machine it demanded a "phone home" call.   To begin with there was an automated voice recognition device but that also refused my cards and insisted on KwikFit speaking to a human.  Each time the human asked if the customer was present yet did not ask to speak to me to check for security details.  The more I think about it the more weird it becomes!   :dunno:

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2009, 22:10 »
Yes, very strange indeed, Clive.  I've never used Capital One, but maybe it was because the cards had been inactive for a while?

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2009, 22:30 »
I use the Capital One card quite frequently but the Nationwide card is only used when I travel abroad because it doesn't charge a foreign currency fee.  There is no reason at all why I shouldn't use it in the UK though as it's just a normal credit card.  The human at the other end of my debit card authorized payment after KwikFit confirmed "customer present"  yet did not ask to speak to me.  It may be worth phoning Nationwide to ask what their reason was for refusing my card. 

Offline Rik

• Former Admin
  • Ceud mille failte
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2009, 09:18 »
Without wanting to alarm you, Clive, I'd recommend you check your credit rating with Experian.
Slainthe!

Rik

Offline Simon

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2009, 09:56 »
How would that affect everyday card use, Rik?  Surely, once you have your card, and are within your credit limit, credit checks shouldn't come into it.

Offline Clive

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2009, 13:57 »
I've just telephoned Nationwide and they acknowledge that I attempted to pay KwikFit yesterday but insist there is no block on the card.  The KwikFit guy gave the wrong expiry date (again!) and apparantly it was nowhere near the correct one.  Maybe he's dyslexic or maybe they don't want to pay the 2% transaction fee.  Whatever the reason I am happy that there is not a problem but the matter could have been resolved so easily of he had handed the phone over to me. 

Show unread posts since last visit.
Sponsor for PC Pals Forum